|Location: 480 Park Avenue|| Phone: (440) 988-3734|
| Amherst, OH 44001|| Fax: (440) 988-3764|
| || |
|Building Department Staff|| Hours|
| || |
|Tim Reynolds, Chief Building Official|| |
|David Macartney, Residential Building Inspector|| M - F 8:00 am - 4:00 pm|
| email: firstname.lastname@example.org|| |
|Tammy Paterson, Secretary|| M - F 8:00 am - 4:30 pm|
| email: email@example.com|| |
| || |
|David Busch, Part-Time Electrical|| M,W,F evenings|
The Building Department serves to protect the health, safety and welfare of the public. This department is charged with the interpretation and enforcement of Amherst building codes as well as other applicable regulations governing construction and land uses.
The department provides supervision of construction activities, registration of contractors and issuance of all building and mechanical permits. In addition, the department provides plans and verification of compliance with the Ohio Building Code, International Residential Code and Zoning Code. The building department issues more than 1,000 permits annually. Contractors generally obtain the permits, but homeowners must also obtain one if they are performing the work themselves.
- Reviewing and approving all structural plans for residential and commercial construction.
- Issuing permits for construction including building, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC.
- Registering contractors to perform in the city of Amherst
- Investigating property maintenance and zoning code violations
- Processing requests for Zoning Board of Appeals, the Planning Commission and the Design Review Board